Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Suspended


Title: Suspended
Medium: Mixed Media
Size: 6 x 9 inches

Mixed Media on 140lb watercolor paper
$100 plus $16 shipping and handling


This little one took me a few days to do and when I first started it I thought for sure it would end up in the trash bin. In fact, at one point, I looked at it and said "Yuck!" I didn't like the look of it at all, but just like with my last piece, I kept at it anyway. There was no direction or focus with this one, like the last, and I kept jumping around mediums again, but this time I seemed to have a little more...hmm...enjoyment for the arts overall, I guess you could say. While at first I thought this was horrible, just the idea of doing art was enjoyable so I kept at it. Suspended has a whole hodgepodge of fun things in it, and of course I had to add some coffee too! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hi April, I've seen your work on Wet Canvas - Great Stuff! I like this even more than the last. For such a small surface there is quite a bit of detail.

    I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Micah! It seems I crammed quite a bit in this one, for sure. Who knows what my crazy bewildered mind will come up with next. :D Thanks for following me here!

    ReplyDelete